Inconsiderate people suck. It's just a fact.
For example:
I was recently asked to deliver some files to the office for a co-worker who was leaving town early the next morning. She said she'd drop them off in the evening. I waited. And waited. At about 9pm I left her a message asking if she was still going to come by. Mind you, I put my own plans on hold to wait for her because I agreed to do her this favor. She finally responded at about 10:30 that she had decided instead to go home and not worry about the files and just forgot to call.
That's inconsiderate.
Or this:
I was recently moved into an office that I now share with several people (another post on how I feel about this at a later date...). I decided that since I'm leaving and don't have that much more time here I'd put up with it. Now, when I have conference calls, which is very frequently, I am careful to speak at a volume that will be as minimally disruptive to my (many) office-mates as possible. When I meet with other people in my office, I try to make sure that we aren't disturbing the work of the others or find a conference room to meet.
My office-mates however find it necessary to YELL at each other across the room and when they are sitting right next to each other. They put conference calls on speaker phone and feel the need to yell into the phone. And then there's the incessant tapping of the fingernails on the hard desk surface while on the phone and nervous shaking of legs which cause squeaking of chairs.
That is inconsiderate.
I have asked them to take calls off of speaker phone and I have asked people to turn their volume down when possible but COME ON!!!! You share space with other people. Why do I have to tell you that you are being inconsiderate? I know I am sensitive to annoying sounds but really? Is this necessary?
It makes me really really grumpy and I don't like being grumpy. It's not a good look for me.
2 comments:
we're more alike than most people think, aren't we ;-)
Oh my dears, you are both wonderful women and you do share a lot of DNA...
Post a Comment