Every once in a while I decide to spend an evening out, alone. Here's how it works: make no plans, find a nice looking restaurant with a bar, sit down, order a drink and take your time looking at the menu. There is absolutely no rush. In fact, the more time you spend there, the better your chances are of meeting interesting people. And in the meantime, you have the chance to have a splendid meal, engage in interesting conversation, and thoroughly enjoy yourself.
Last night I did this. I had an amazingly delicious meal (duck confit, seasonal vegetables, reduction sauces...), I learned that there are some interesting and very strange but tasty drinks out there I've never heard of before, and I went to a movie with formerly complete strangers who are now new friends.
So, the recipe for a delicious evening of new experiences is as follows:
1 part you
1 part adventure
1 part good food & drink
mix until ready to chat & learn new things.
Enjoy! I do.
1 comment:
What a tasty combo. That sounds like fun!
Post a Comment