So this is new: after hours of unsuccessfully trying to fall asleep (so far this has included tossing and turning, having a glass of wine & reading, tossing and turning again, sipping sleepy-time tea, deep breathing exercises, and more tossing and turning), I'm back up. I couldn't think of what else to do now so I will write. It's time for some catching up anyway.
For those of you following my posts, my new fancy smarty-pants phone turned itself on at some point today by the way (I actually think it may be smarter than I am). I still have absolutely no idea why it wouldn't turn on or what finally prompted it to turn itself on but it's working now so... yay. I suspect the issue was 100% user error.
Also, I signed a contract. YAY! I have 9 months of full-time consulting work which gets me to the end of the year with gainful employment and it provides me the flexibility and time I need to continue my in-depth job search. I start on April 1st, which is a Friday, but that means I can have a day to get oriented and then have a couple of days to digest the info before I return on Monday for more learning. I think it will work out well. I am a little nervous about being self-employed and all the paperwork and other stuff that goes with it but I am arming myself with as much knowledge as I can thanks to the internet and a good accountant I will be meeting with next week. Hopefully I don't screw it up! (I am trying to take comfort in the fact that lots of people less intelligent and resourceful than I have made it work so I can too!)
In non-work related news, I have started working on a variety of projects. My biggest project for the past few weeks has been a birthday present for my dear friend Sarah. She's turning 30 next week. I won't give anything away here yet but I'm very excited about it. I will divulge that it involves wood, paint, ribbon, glue, a bunch of little "things" (made of paper, resin, glass, metal and other substances), and the whole of my living room floor. I'm pretty happy with it. Pictures and background story to come next week.
Working on this particular project has made me realize that I need a craft space. A place for my sewing machine to live, space to lay out designs, both for clothes and craft projects. So, once I'm officially working and getting paid again, I will work toward the goal of creating a workable space for this that is not my dining room table or my living room floor, both of which I tend to need for other purposes, such as dining and living, respectively. :)
OK, I am off to try this sleep thing again. I sure hope insomnia isn't a new trend in my life. I have been so careful not to fall into a pattern of staying up super late and sleeping in past a respectable morning time (i.e. sleeping all day). I know it would be easy to fall into a pattern like that and I also know it would be terribly hard to break it so I'm resisting. But this is just unfair! It's not as if I have incredible amounts of work stress or other things to be anxious about, my thoughts aren't churning with worry, I don't have a million things to plan and do. I don't understand this. Hopefully it's just a fluke.
Wish me sleep!
1 comment:
Your system is not allowing you to enjoy this free time too much LOL just wants to keep you ready for a new and exciting time. Hope you are sleeping better now. Would love to know more about your project!
Post a Comment