I really recommend the place I went, River's End in Jenner. They have adorable little one-room cabins with lovely views and lots of quiet. They have a restaurant which has a pretty nice menu but I couldn't eat there because they were closed due to the power outage. This meant, of course, that I had to improvise dinner. I am happy to always be prepared!
Here are some pictures.
The cabin

My view: The Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean
As I said, I improvised dinner. I had stopped on the way up the coast to get some snacks just in case... I bought cheese and crackers and a spinach & feta calzone. These things came in handy when the restaurant near the cabin and everything else in the near vicinity was closed due to the power outage. So, cheese and crackers became my mid-afternoon snack and the calzone spent a few hours on top of the only heating source I had. It took some time but eventually it was warmed all the way through, crunchy on the outside, and as delicious as a $3 calzone from a gas station can be. YUM! :)
At one point, the wind and the rain seemed to stop but then it HAILED!!!
While my calzone was heating up, it did stop raining and hailing and I saw what almost looked like a sunset.
1 comment:
Sigh. Looks lovely.
Good thing you've always got your Leatherman :-)
Post a Comment