pic

pic

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Adventures in Travel

So I travel a lot. I have mostly gotten used to it. I have noticed though that my annoyance level has increased when it comes to inexperienced travelers at the airport: those who take forever to get through the security line because they have stuff in their pockets or they have giant bottles of lotion in their purses and then they don't know how to board the different airlines?

But I have also noticed  something about my own traveling lifestyle.

You know how you buy certain things at certain stores? You have a special brand of something that you really like and so you purchase it at a specific place. Right? Well, I do that too. Except, here's what I realized the other day: As I was planning my travel day, I built in an extra 10 minutes at a certain airport because that's where I buy my make-up at that little spa in that one terminal. Incidentally, there is also a specific airport for rain gear (I bought my last rain jacket there after I built in an extra 15 to 20 minutes for that purchase!) and there's a specific airport for gifts for any occasion.

I could probably find places to purchase these things locally or online. But I have a routine and it works for me so for now, I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

-

In other news, I overheard the strangest conversation on a plane yesterday:

Passenger A: "It's ironic. Both of my parents were doctors but I have just never believed in medicine or the power of medicine to do anything. That's why I never go to the doctor. It just doesn't make any sense."

Passenger B (after what seemed like an uncomfortable silence in which he was trying to think of a way to respond): "What do you do?"

Passenger A: "I work for a group of health insurance companies doing sales."

Passenger B didn't respond to that one.

A couple of things:

1. Wait, what???? Who doesn't "believe" in medicine? I know there are people who, for religious reasons refuse medical treatment and care but they still believe that medicine exists and does something, right? This person doesn't believe in the power of medicine, as in, medicine doesn't do anything. Even those who refuse medical treatment do so because they believe it does something.

What kind of doctors were her parents? What kind of parents were her parents??

2. Seriously????? How can you reconcile these two statements? You don't believe in medicine but you sell health insurance to people? Huh?. How? Why? I... I don't understand.

People are weird.

Anyway, that's the latest from the road.

Happy travels!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I bet you have even more travel stories! We have some too. People are nuts.