pic

pic

Thursday, January 26, 2012

new home office

I realized recently that sitting at my dining room table for hours and hours every day was not great for being productive with my work, and also not great for having a dining room table that is available for its intended purpose, i.e. dining. Of course, I do have an area designated as a home office and it was sweet and quaint with the old secretary from Grandma Corinne but, lets face it, I need a larger work surface than that, which is why I migrated to the dining room table.

So, with the new year and the further realization that I am in fact committed to building my own business, I decided I needed a real and functional home office. I had fun putting it all together over the weekend (with a little help from a my friend Jessie, thanks Jessie!). I had no idea how much stuff I had already accumulated so it was also a great opportunity to go through and throw out a lot of the unnecessary stuff and file things I need to keep. Overall, a very productive weekend. Here's the process:






A lot of stuff!

It still needs a bit of work (like hanging things on the walls, etc.) but it's certainly functional and coming together nicely. Take a look at the before and after:



And just in case you're wondering what happened to the secretary, it found a cozy little home in the dining room.

1 comment:

AC said...

looks really nice. now i can see how you put it all together. well done!