I know it's been a while but a lot has happened and I've been travelling like it's my job. This month alone, I have been to Long Beach, San Diego, Boulder, Fresno, and have spent a grand total of 5 days at home. Tomorrow I'm off to New Orleans for the Halloween weekend. I'm pretty excited about it!
As I allowed myself to wake up slowly this morning, I was thinking about how good my life is. Truly. Yes, I have stuff that worries me. Yes, there's stuff that could be better. But in the grand scheme of things, I'm living a pretty great life. It's good to realize that sometimes. I decided I would start my day off with a nice cup of my favorite coffee and write a blog post about how lovely my life is.
I made myself that good cup of coffee and sat down at my computer to begin putting my thoughts down.
Then I spilled that cup of coffee all over the table, my laptop, my favorite new WHITE shirt... CRAP!
Then I realized that I have a million things to do before I get on that plane tomorrow morning like pack, straighten the apartment, get work projects done that are due tomorrow, etc.
So I decided that instead of basking in the glow of a nice, quiet morning, I should go ahead and make myself some breakfast and get started on my to-do list and maybe calm down and write about my good life later.
Here's how this great day has gone so far: spilled coffee (I know I already said that but, come on, something that annoying deserves a second mention), burnt toast, spoiled milk, and that was just breakfast.
I have now given up and am just doing things as they occur to me. So far I've accomplished soaking that white shirt in stain remover, de-coffee-ing my laptop, having a cup of coffee without milk, eating scraped off burnt toast, and finding my work projects to be more difficult and annoying and time-consuming that I anticipated.
I foresee a late night in my very near future and I assume that when I get to New Orleans and unpack my bag, it will be a ridiculous mixture of weather-inappropriate clothing and missing/forgotten pieces of my costume.
Oh well... my life is still pretty great. Even when good days go badly. I'm getting on a plane to go to New Orleans tomorrow. Really? How awful is that?
1 comment:
Most of us have really good lives and it's good to realise that sometimes. Sorry about your shirt though :-)
Post a Comment