pic

pic

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lobsterized - a new word

I went to the beach on Sunday. My favorite beach is Alameda Beach. It's quiet, it's small, there's always a breeze, never too many people, and it's only 15 minutes away.

I went there because I wanted some quiet time. I wanted to read my book, go for a long walk, relax.

I did all of those things and it was lovely. I was even joined toward the end of my stay there by my dear friend Naseem and I have to say thank you to Naseem. She is the one who made me leave the beach that day to go grocery shopping. Something we both needed to do.

Here's why it was a good thing I left. Once I got home, had put all my groceries away, etc. I passed by a mirror...

SO much redness!
So much sunburn.
So much ouch coming my way.
So much STUPID!!!

My upper back, shoulders, and chest are bright red. Like a lobster. I have been lobsterized.

Lobsterized. New word. Painful word.

P.S. oddly, my face didn't change colors. So now I have a pale white face and a dark red chest. Very funny looking indeed.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I think you might have a hard time sleeping tonight. As your Mom, I recommend several shots of tequila and a half bottle of wine.... LOL Sorry dear girl, you will have some pain for a while. Wish I had a better cure.
Love, Mom